Fire at Tampines flat caused by PMD that was left charging; elderly woman taken to hospital
Contents From Asia One
SINGAPORE – A personal mobility device (PMD) that was being charged in a Tampines Housing Board flat living room resulted in an electrical fire on Tuesday (Oct 9). An elderly woman was taken to hospital due to the incident.
The fire broke out in a 10th floor unit at Block 240 Tampines Street 21.
The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said that it responded to the fire at around 5.15pm. Firefighters extinguished the fire with a compressed air foam backpack, and later used a water jet to damp down the area.